Sunday 18 September 2011

IZASKUN GONZALEZ

Izaskun Gonzalez's photography work has a dreamy feel, with a twist which has a hypnotic effect, the moment you discover her creations. The images are beautifully coloured and manipulated with different filers and Photoshop.
    
 Photography by Izaskun Gonzalez

1. When did get take your first camera, and how long have you been a photographer for?
 I purchased my first camera in my late teens and have been taking photographs for 20 years.

2.Did you study photography, if yes where? Or are you self taught?
At Middlesex University I studied graphic design; where I spend most of the time in the dark room and developed my passion for photography.
3.How would you describe your style and method?My style is like my method:  “Experimental Passion”

4. How do you feel after a photo shoot? Could you describe feelings & thoughts that go over you while you taking pictures?

It feels like an inside cloud to me like a very excited, urge..

5. Were you at the beginning of your photography career drawn into a certain subject matter? I have always been  fascinated by derelict buildings and sexy women.
Photography by Izaskun Gonzalez

6. How do you feel when people interpret your work differently?
I do respect any interpretation; when I publish an image it is then up to the audience to judge and analyze. 

7. Do you find London more inspiring than other places?
Inspiration is in my head. I love being in new places but they don't really inspire more but feelings are.

8. Where do you go in London, and what do you do in London to get inspired?
Luckily, I work at Resistance gallery. I have never seen a place with so much diversity in every sense. It is a highly visual place with lots of images that fill my head. From Mexican wrestling, performances, exhibitions, vampire nights, Japanese bondage...

9. Who is the biggest influence on your work, and why?
There are several artists whose works I adore like Witkin, Godart, Bergman, Saudek.  I love collecting images and have big passion for old time photography
and cinema.
10.You live and work in  East London, which is the habitat for many artists, tell me about the scene of East  London, why  East , what is the attraction/ how does is it contribute to your work?I am very busy with my art and don’t have much time to explore the rest of East London.
As I mention I work in the Resistance Gallery where many amazing events are happening. It is a very visual place: with wrestlers, beautiful fire dancers and Kimbaku which is an art itself. Many artists with great works exhibit here; it is the place where a creative mind wants to live.


 Photography by Izaskun Gonzalez

11. What is for you the best thing about being a photographer?-I don't really consider myself a photographer. It is one of the mediums I use to express myself. I do paint; make objects like masks and dolls. I use photography to create another world.
12. What is for you the worst thing about being a photographer?There is no going back for me so there is  nothing wrong with it.
13. Which one of your images is your favourite one, and why? I could choose  each image as all of them have their moments of importance to me.
14. Who is your favourite photographer right now? I couldn’t think of anyone right now.
15.Where have you displayed your past works? I have displayed and have permanent work at La Maison, Espacio espora, Vallery, Charada, Puppa Tattoo these are in Spain. Galerie l'art de rien , France. Sexy Art Gallery, The Netherlands. Resistance Gallery, London. Montreal Fetish week. Rubber ball, London.



Photography by Izaskun Gonzalez
16.How do you manifest your business? This is far from being a business. I don’t have a business plan.
17 . Would you be rather be rich and create by order? Or would you rather express your individuality and style and not earning much money? I would rather live as I do, it’s not too bad.
18. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I have never seen myself in the future.
19.What is happiness for you? There is not such a thing. I'm content with having as much time as possible on earth..
20.Would you like to use this opportunity to carry a message to other artists, photographers or in general? Not at all. I was never good at giving advise.


Photography by Izaskun Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment